In network security, endpoint security refers to a methodology of protecting the corporate network when accessed via remote devices such as laptops or other wireless and mobile devices. Each device with a remote connecting to the network creates a potential entry point for security threats.
Usually, endpoint security is a security system that consists of security software, located on a centrally managed and accessible server or gateway within the network, in addition to client software being installed on each of the endpoints (or devices). The server authenticates logins from the endpoints and also updates the device software when needed. While endpoint security software differs by vendor, you can expect most software offerings to provide antivirus, antispyware, firewall and also a host intrusion prevention system (HIPS).
Endpoint security is becoming a more common IT security function and concern as more employees bring consumer mobile devices to work and companies allow its mobile workforce to use these devices on the corporate network.
Simple security for your business
- – Protect all your devices
- – One simplified management console
- – On-premises or in the cloud
We can can secure your endpoints via one single agent to:
- Beat crippling ransomware and unknown attacks with multilayered protection that combines signatureless and critical endpoint technologies.
- Maximize protection and minimize false positives with advanced machine learning and behavioral analysis.
- Block zero-day attacks that prey on memory-based vulnerabilities in popular applications with memory exploit mitigation.
- Fine-tune your detection engines on the fly to optimize your security posture.